Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pumpkinman Half Ironman...

As many of you know I have been thinking of making my half Ironman debut this year and have been searching for the right race. I was a little leery of the Timberman as a debut you race so I looked around and sought the advice of some of my more trusted new peers. Speaking with Sean Snow of S2 Triathlon last weekend was real eye opener and he agreed that Timberman may not be the right stepping stone yet. I was put into contact with Kat Donatello who directs the Pumpkinman in South Berwick, Maine. To make a long story short Kat had been following my recent results and was more than willing to add me to the elite field for the September 11 race. Now it's just a matter of elevating my training to the next level with higher hours and longer workouts. I'm pretty excited already and can't wait.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment