Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A bit better...

Today is really the last day of The Summer of Mark and despite the way I have been feeling I wanted to get in some training. Much to my surprise I felt pretty good today and am chalking it up to the massive amount of supplements that I am taking to naturally raise my white blood cell count. I started off the day at 10:30 with an eight miler out to Swanzey and back on the rail trail. Felt better and better as the run progressed and even worked down to sub 6:00 pace by the last two miles. I was pretty pleased with the effort and saw the run as a building block back to where I was a few weeks ago. I headed right to the pool to get in some drills and a little bit of work. 500 yds. of drills 2 x 200 pull, 200 quickie, 50 kick. Followed that up with 5 x 50 38, 38, 39, 38, 36 with 30 second rest. Closed the show with 50 yds. of kicking and 200 yds. of gentle pulling. Felt good but was still feeling a little more tired than I typically would. I am however feeling a little more optimistic about my chances this weekend.

Cheers,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment