Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week III...

Monday: I got to sleep an extra hour today because of a teacher workshop day. I finished my ride in the daylight which is always a little weird. Last week I started doing some sets of one leg riding to try and improve the efficiency of my pedal stroke. I continued this morning with sets of 50, 40 30, 20, and 10 revolutions. When I got home from work I was feeling totally in the clouds. I think paying attention for eight hours straight has a deleterious effect on my athletic performance. I ended up running five miles on the treadmill in 6:30 pace followed directly by lifting, pull ups, chin ups, push ups, and crunches. I'm not going to list the lifting time in my total but I think it is important to note that it was over a half hour. (1 hr. 23 min)

Tuesday: Last night I installed a new Specialized ergonomic saddle on The Soloist. The first ride this morning was a failure on all accounts and the seat is already back in the box waiting to head back to California. I adjusted the saddle a few times in the first twenty minutes of the ride but I was still very uncomfortable. I decided to see how it felt under exertion so I started an aggressive acceleration. Instantly I felt a very high amount of pressure in some sensitive areas so I pulled the plug on the ride and reset my position with my trusty Fizik. Finding a saddle has been very frustrating!

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Total:

Summary:

No comments:

Post a Comment