Saturday, December 10, 2011

Kona...

I've had to stop watching Kona after the first segment. I am so emotionally charged right now with the possibilities of my personal goals and ambitions that watching people excel in the harshest race on the planet is too much to handle. We are all capable of amazing things if we just devote our passions to a pursuit. It saddens me so deeply that so many people throw away their limitless potential with things like addiction and obesity. Billions of adaptations have made us into the greatest machine in the history of time but all to often our lifestyle choices devolve us as a species. I love remembering hot days at the track in the summer time when we are all barley hanging on to reality. The only thought that adds semblance to our existences is the knowledge that we are the greatest hot weather predator on the planet. Delusions of chasing down our prey over miles of hot arid grasslands keep us going, we were made for this. Sitting in front of screens being fed digital information and friendships, having everything at our fingertips in an instant, it's killing our instincts to pursue greatness. Training hard and pushing the limits of our capabilities casts us in iron and harkens back to our true evolutionary roots. We all have the potential to be amazing if we let our distant past dictate our future.

Mark

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me (but we've met before). Sorry but I just had to weigh in on your post. Awesome! Well put!! I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete