We were supposed to go to the beach next weekend with Mary's brother John from Florida. I am upset the apple cart if I decided to race. (Mary's Dad put that idea to rest and suggested that I race.)
Hmmm... A race under short notice. (No time to over think.)
Hmmm... Maybe I shouldn't do two road races this week. (See ya next year Cigna.)
Hmmm... I'd really like another crack at the Olympic distance following the Mooseman debacle.
Hmmm... I'll need to find a place to stay. (Anchorage Inn South Burlington.)
Hmmm... 1500-meter swim. (Lots of time in the water this week!)
Needless to say I decided to pull the trigger and committed to racing. I mostly made this decision because a high finish would be the easiest path to getting my blue elite license for next year. I'm getting pretty excited now that I have registered but I am a little leery of the idea of the Pumpkinman now. I was planning on having a twenty hours of work next week but with the big time race I will keep things pretty chill. Also I will need to recover for a few days following a two hour effort so I will have another moderate week following the race. I will have to see how I am feeling after the race and perhaps rethink my half ironman debut.