Monday, March 15, 2010

What the blog...

I guess with the wonderful spring weather keeping me outdoors longer and longer my neglect of the blog is understandable. Even now as I sit here my mind wanders to the roads and trails of Keene.

Last week was a rather ho hum week of training. My energy level had been waning over the past three weeks and I was starting to get mildly concerned. I have an appointment for a physical to get my blood levels checked but my country doctor can't see me until April break. I decided that my best option was to make a preemptive strike on the situation so I started taking a daily iron supplement. We shall see how this pans out over the next few weeks.

Saturday I was ambling along on a quaint twenty miler around west Keene and I had a major epiphany. As of last week there are more weeks to the marathon than we have had weeks in the current year!
Speaking of the twenty miler it was a fantastic celebration run and a triumph of spirit. A year ago on the dot was
last true training run before my stress fracture in my sacrum. It was nice to be able to clip along between 6:30 and
6:40 pace without a care in the world for over two hours. Life is good!

Heading into this week I am going to try and keep things simple. I am going to try and stay as stress free as
possible heading into New Bedford.

RISE!

Mark

1 comment:

  1. 'Heading into this week I am going to try and keep things simple. I am going to try and stay as stress free as possible heading into New Bedford'

    ...I like this. Well said and good advice! Hope there's nothing too serious going on...but seeing you were able to clip along at 6:30s, I'd say you're fine ;)

    ReplyDelete